Twitter can be your powerful recruiting tool if you do things in the right way.
Try the following:
- Use hash tags when you share a job opening. It makes the tweet searchable and will help you reach people beyond your followers.
- Don't just tweet about jobs. Mix up your tweets with news, updates, events, happenings at your company, etc.
- Respond when an interested candidate replies to your tweet. Else, she might move away.
- Automating tweets is the order of the day. But that isn't social. Your followers will figure it out. Have someone to manage and engage your followers.
- Check your prospective candidates' profile and timeline to know about them.
- Encourage candidates to have conversations on Twitter.